- Shocked by Kerala's law against 'offensive' social media posts: Chidambaram
- 23 anti-smog guns installed across Delhi to combat pollution, more to come
- Telangana CM flags second wave of Covid-19 as state logs 873 new cases
- Cyclonic storm likely to cross over TN, Puducherry on Nov 25: Met dept
- Kerala's new law: 5-year jail term or fine of Rs 10,000 for offensive post
- Huge anti-tunnelling operation on along international border in JK's Samba
- RBI becomes world's 1st central bank to reach 1 mn followers on Twitter
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of rural drinking water projects in UP
- NGT directs states to designate nodal agency for protection of water bodies
- PM Narendra Modi greets Mulayam Singh Yadav on his 82nd birthday
Latest news LIVE: We're encouraging circular economy, PM Modi at G20 Summit
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was also present on the occasion. Stay tuned for all Latest News LIVE Updates
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
PM Narendra Narendra Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of rural drinking water supply projects in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts of Uttar Pradesh via video conferencing. Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, who was also present on the occasion said: "In 70 years drinking water supply projects could be regulated only in 398 villages in Vindhya region. Today we are here to take forward such projects in over 3,000 villages of the region."
The projects will provide household tap water connections in all rural households of 2,995 villages and will benefit about 4.2 million population of Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts.
The BJP government in Madhya Pradesh has decided to set up a separate "cabinet" for the protection and promotion of the cow, and its members will be drawn from multiple departments, according to CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The first meeting of the "gau cabinet", said to be the first such body in the country which will have the chief minister among its members, was held on Sunday at a cow sanctuary.
On political front, BJP ally Bodoland People's Front's founding member and MP Biswajit Daimary, who resigned from Rajya Sabha on Saturday, will join the saffron party today.
Meanwhile, the written examination for recruitment of sub-inspectors in the Assam Police, which was cancelled due to the leakage of question paper, will be held today. Examination to recruit 597 sub-inspectors was cancelled on September 20, minutes after it began, as the question paper was found to have been leaked on social media.
An app for school students in Kerala will be released on Sunday in the backdrop of the new National Education Policy, said a technology firm incubating under Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM). SkEdu by JPnMe Pvt Ltd is a digital assessment platform assisted by artificial intelligence, providing holistic performance improvement in the school community.
Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 22, 2020Stay tuned for the latest news of the day