- China claims credit for 'constructive role' in reducing India-Pak tension
- Top 10 biz headlines: Jet crisis deepens, L&T mounts Mindtree bid, and more
- UK court arrest warrant against Nirav Modi paves way for extradition
- Anil Ambani thanks Mukesh, Nita for timely support in clearing RCom dues
- London court issues arrest warrant against Nirav Modi: Reports
- One CRPF jawan killed, 5 injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
- Two killed near Vedanta's Lanjigarh unit on protests over rehab, jobs
- Good news for central govt staff who want to acquire higher degrees
- Technical flaws in Chhattisgarh's Terror Zone fetter farm loan waivers
- HC stays Nusli Wadia defamation plea hearing against Ratan Tata, others
Pulwama attack LIVE: Pak calls back its envoy from India for consultations
Traders have called for nationwide trade bandh in retaliation to Pulwama terror attack. Meanwhile, forces have detained 23 men suspected of links to JeM. Get latest updates on Pulwama attack
People participate in a candle light vigil to offer tributes to the martyred CRPF jawans of Pulwama terror attack, at India Gate in New Delhi. Photo: PTI
Security forces and terrorists are engaged in a gunfight in the Pinglan area of Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. According to latest information, two to three terrorists are trapped in the area. This exchange comes merely days after over 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives in a deadly terror attack in Pulwama.
Meanwhile, the wake of terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 14, traders' body CAIT has called for a nationwide trade bandh today to express solidarity with the families of security personnel killed.
Traders in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Haryana, J&K and other states will participate in the trade bandh.
In Delhi prominent markets including Chandni Chowk, Khari Baoli, Kashmiri Gate, Chawri Bazar, Sadar Bazar, Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, Rajouri Garden, Kamla Nagar, South Extension, Lajpat Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Preet Vihar, Shahdara, Gandhi Nagar etc will be closed, CAIT said.
The attack has fuelled tensions between India and Pakistan.
Catch LIVE updates on Pulwama terror attack fallout