- US stands with India in its efforts to defend sovereignty, liberty: Pompeo
- Education Ministry receives President nod for inquiry against DU VC: Report
- 2+2 talks: India, US vow to deepen cooperation in jointly combating Covid
- West Bengal records highest single-day recovery of 3,917 Covid patients
- Delhi record highest single-day spike of 8,583 cases, tally over 364,000
- 230 additional MBBS seats in four Rajasthan medical colleges approved
- Amended land laws smack of BJP's cheap politics, deceit, says Omar Abdullah
- Sharad Pawar to meet Nashik onion cultivators over suspended auctions
- No pay to doctors shameful, Centre must grant funds to MCDs: Kejriwal
- India Post, US Postal Service sign pact for electronic exchange of customs
Pulwama attack LIVE: Pak calls back its envoy from India for consultations
Traders have called for nationwide trade bandh in retaliation to Pulwama terror attack. Meanwhile, forces have detained 23 men suspected of links to JeM. Get latest updates on Pulwama attack
Security forces and terrorists are engaged in a gunfight in the Pinglan area of Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. According to latest information, two to three terrorists are trapped in the area. This exchange comes merely days after over 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives in a deadly terror attack in Pulwama.
Meanwhile, the wake of terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 14, traders' body CAIT has called for a nationwide trade bandh today to express solidarity with the families of security personnel killed.
Traders in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Haryana, J&K and other states will participate in the trade bandh.
In Delhi prominent markets including Chandni Chowk, Khari Baoli, Kashmiri Gate, Chawri Bazar, Sadar Bazar, Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, Rajouri Garden, Kamla Nagar, South Extension, Lajpat Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Preet Vihar, Shahdara, Gandhi Nagar etc will be closed, CAIT said.
The attack has fuelled tensions between India and Pakistan.
Catch LIVE updates on Pulwama terror attack fallout