- 1,500 rules scrapped in 5 yrs to help business: PM makes his election pitch
- Recruiters cold to differently-abled, only 15% hire from this set: study
- Mallya accuses SBI of wasting Indian taxpayers' money on UK legal fees
- How Pakistani traders use California almonds to fund terrorists in India
- Pragya Thakur shocker on 26/11 hero Karkare: He died for treating me badly
- Cut in household fuel use may save 270,000 lives a year in India: IIT study
- HAL's Intermediate Jet Trainer flies again after extensive re-design
- Once arch rivals, Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav share stage after 25 yrs
- Launch of Buddha Air's Kolkata-Kathmandu flight delayed till May 27
- Modi biopic verdict, PM's address to traders & more: Top news today
Pulwama attack LIVE: Pak calls back its envoy from India for consultations
Traders have called for nationwide trade bandh in retaliation to Pulwama terror attack. Meanwhile, forces have detained 23 men suspected of links to JeM. Get latest updates on Pulwama attack
People participate in a candle light vigil to offer tributes to the martyred CRPF jawans of Pulwama terror attack, at India Gate in New Delhi. Photo: PTI
Security forces and terrorists are engaged in a gunfight in the Pinglan area of Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. According to latest information, two to three terrorists are trapped in the area. This exchange comes merely days after over 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives in a deadly terror attack in Pulwama.
Meanwhile, the wake of terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Kashmir’s Pulwama district on February 14, traders' body CAIT has called for a nationwide trade bandh today to express solidarity with the families of security personnel killed.
Traders in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Haryana, J&K and other states will participate in the trade bandh.
In Delhi prominent markets including Chandni Chowk, Khari Baoli, Kashmiri Gate, Chawri Bazar, Sadar Bazar, Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, Rajouri Garden, Kamla Nagar, South Extension, Lajpat Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Preet Vihar, Shahdara, Gandhi Nagar etc will be closed, CAIT said.
The attack has fuelled tensions between India and Pakistan.
Catch LIVE updates on Pulwama terror attack fallout