Business Standard

Ranveer Singh, Kohli top in brand value; South India stars rise: Report

South Indian celebrities increasingly becoming the face of India's leading brands, it says

'RRR' delayed again, makers waiting for 'world cinema markets' to open
Premium

Shine Jacob Chennai
Sport champions and South Indian movie stars closed the gap with Bollywood in 2022 in terms of the top 25 celebrities with brand value, said a report on Tuesday.

Bollywood stars in 2016 comprised 81.7 per cent of the brand value for India’s top 20 celebrities and the remaining 18.3 per cent was sports stars, said Kroll, an independent provider of global risk and financial advisory solutions

In 2022, Bollywood stars' share fell to 67.6 per cent in the overall brand value, sports stars comprised 28.9 per cent and the remaining 3.5 per cent went to Telugu movie personalities.

The

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Mar 21 2023 | 4:16 PM IST

Explore News

To read the full story, subscribe to BS Premium now, at just Rs 249/ month.

Key stories on business-standard.com are available only to BS Premium subscribers.

Register to read more on Business-Standard.com