On June 20, as the annual Pandharpur yatra begins from Dehu in Pune, scores of brands will be lined up on its 240-km route. The 21-day pilgrimage on foot to the town of Pandharpur in Maharashtra, the abode of Lord Vitthal, is believed to be a tradition dating back over 800 years. This year, it is expected to see some three to four million pilgrims — a good opportunity for brands to make their presence felt. And so, many of them will be here: Fena, Dabur, insurance companies such as SBI Life Insurance, financial services firms like Muthoot Finance, and so on.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, June 09 2022. 06:02 IST