Shifting focus on sustainable development and infrastructure creation, the Economic Survey this year called for resource optimisation and energy efficiency.
The Survey has suggested that India, like several countries such as the United Kingdom and Iceland, should invest in resource efficiency through recycling, reusing, minimising consumption and reducing wastage.
In its first stint, the BJP-led central government had initiated and rechristened several schemes for energy access, notably Saubhagya for household electrification and Ujjwala for free LPG connections. Around 71.8 million LPG connections have been provided under the Ujjwala scheme and 99 per cent households were electrified under Saubhagya till April 2019.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.