With the Budget allocating Rs 4.23 trillion as food subsidy in FY21 and topping it up with another Rs 2.42 trillion for FY22, Food Corporation of India (FCI) will be left with just around Rs 59,000-crore unpaid loans by the end of next financial year, Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan has said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, February 04 2021. 06:10 IST