The government will sell up to 10 per cent stake in Hindustan Copper through an offer for sale (OFS) in a move that would help the exchequer garner about Rs 1,120 crore in divestment receipts.
The government will sell 5 per cent or 48.3 million shares in the copper miner at Rs 116 apiece on Thursday and Friday. The floor price has been set at a 7 per cent discount to the closing price of the stock on Wednesday. The OFS also includes a greenshoe option to sell an additional 5 per cent shareholding of the public sector undertaking (PSU).
The entire 10 per cent sale could fetch the government around Rs 1,122 crore at the set floor price, and would bring down the sovereign’s shareholding in the state-owned company to 62.76 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Rail Vikas Nigam shares decline 9% as govt begins stake sale via OFS
Axis Bank's OFS opens for retail investors today. Should you subscribe?
Axis Bank OFS retail book of 5.8 mn shares receives just 28% subscription
Govt to sell up to 7.5% in NMDC via OFS on Tuesday, may get Rs 3,621 cr
Govt garners Rs 4,000 crore through nearly 2% stake sale in Axis Bank
Financial bids received for Air India disinvestment; Tatas among suitors
Govt seeks $109-bn valuation for LIC's mega IPO: Report
Cabinet allows 100% FDI in telecom sector via automatic route: Vaishnaw
Will GST be structurally overhauled at the Council's meeting in Lucknow?
Cabinet approves 4-year moratorium on payment of all govt dues by telcos