- GST Council meet on Friday; rate review, concession to Covid drugs on cards
- GST Council may deliver blow to food-delivery operators Swiggy, Zomato
- Coconut oil in less than 1-litre bottle may soon attract 18% GST
- GST Council meet on Friday: Profiteering cases likely to go to CCI
- GST Council may allow intra-state pharma cess, discuss states' dues
- GST Council may take up proposal for cutting rate on steel scrap to 5%
- Hit by GST recovery notices and summons, industry calls for help
- Gujarat AAR rules parathas are not ready-to-eat, puts them under 18% GST
- Centre-states may discuss early inclusion of natural gas into GST fold
- Odisha records 41% jump in August GST collection to Rs 3,316.55 crore
GST Council updates: No fees for GSTR-3B for those with nil liabilities
Members of the GST Council discussed issues over videoconferencing in their first meeting since the coronavirus lockdown was imposed
GST Council meet live updates: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting on Friday was held under the chairmanship of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. In their first meeting since a nationwide lockdown was implemented to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the members of the GST Council discussed issues over videoconference.
The two main objectives of today's meeting were expected to be addressing the government's revenue position and fixing the compensation mechanism for states. FM Sitharaman said no fees will be levied for late filing of GST returns for entities with nil liability.
The late fee for non-filing of monthly sales return for others has been reduced to a maximum of Rs 500 for July 2017 to January 2020 period, she added.
Catch LIVE updates on the outcome of GST Council meet