- Coming soon: GST technological overhaul to ease compliance, plug leaks
- GSTR 1 and 3B to be linked to determine input tax credit and liability
- Odisha registers over 13% growth in SGST collection in July to Rs 794 crore
- Govt notifies e-invoicing for companies with Rs 500-crore turnover
- Borrowing by states for GST compensation to be cost inefficient: Punjab FM
- Biz with turnover above Rs 500 cr to raise e-invoice for B2B transactions
- Centre not obliged to pay for shortfall in GST compensation fund: AG
- IGST crackdown: Exporters cry foul; govt refutes allegations of harassment
- GST rates can be reduced further once tax base increases: Finance Secretary
- GST Network makes annual returns available online for composition dealers
GST Council updates: No fees for GSTR-3B for those with nil liabilities
Members of the GST Council discussed issues over videoconferencing in their first meeting since the coronavirus lockdown was imposed
GST Council meet live updates: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting on Friday was held under the chairmanship of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. In their first meeting since a nationwide lockdown was implemented to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the members of the GST Council discussed issues over videoconference.
The two main objectives of today's meeting were expected to be addressing the government's revenue position and fixing the compensation mechanism for states. FM Sitharaman said no fees will be levied for late filing of GST returns for entities with nil liability.
The late fee for non-filing of monthly sales return for others has been reduced to a maximum of Rs 500 for July 2017 to January 2020 period, she added.
Catch LIVE updates on the outcome of GST Council meet