The goods and services tax (GST) Council would probably see a tone of dissent on single rate on the two types of lotteries in its meeting on Wednesday the ministerial panel tasked with the job has not arrived at a consensus yet. Government officials, including those belonging to states, said that the decision could be held over. Finalising the tax rate on real estate would be the only major item that would reach fruition in the meeting here in Delhi. The meeting would be held via video conference.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, February 19 2019. 01:03 IST