Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the UAE in August 2015 was a watershed in many ways, and not just because Modi was the first Indian PM in 34 years to have visited the Emirates, which is one of India's biggest trade and investment partners.
That visit raised India-UAE ties beyond trade to the level of strategic partnership. It also led UAE to agree to set up a $75 billion UAE-India Infrastructure Investment Fund to support investments over a 10-year period in India's infrastructure sector. The focus of the fund will be roads, railways, ports, airports and ind
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.