Unified Payment Interface (UPI), the flagship payments platform of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), recorded 2.29 billion transactions worth Rs 4.25 trillion in February. Sequentially, the transactions dipped 0.42 per cent by volume and 1.39 per cent by value over January because of the fewer number of days in February.
However, year-on-year, the transactions were up 73 per cent by volume and more than 90 per cent by value. Immediate Payments Service (IMPS), recorded a contraction in both volume and value of transactions in the past two months. In February, it clocked 318.79 million transactions worth Rs 2.75 trillion. FASTag, on the other hand, has touched an all-time high both in volume and value terms, with 158.96 million transactions worth Rs 2,556.34 crore in February.
As far as Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is concerned, it has seen a steady rise in transactions since May last year. Since then, BBPS tra
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.