With the final placement season having begun on a high note for the Indian Institutes of Technology, IIT Kharagpur (KGP) has received more than 1000 job offers in a record five days.
A total of 144 companies visited IIT KGP between December 1 and 5, with the fifth day ending with more than 1,000 offers, including over 280 pre-placement offers (PPOs) and 19 from public sector units (PSUs). According to G P Raja Sekhar, chairman, career development centre (CDC) at IIT Kharagpur and head, All IITs' Placement Committee (AIPC), this has been the fastest 1,000 offers till date and, in fact, a day ahead of last year.
Some of the top recruiters at IIT KPG include Honeywell, which made 36 offers followed by Exel with 25. Software giant Microsoft and financial services major Barclays offered 24 and 20 offers, respectively.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.