Continuing its analysis of social media trends, specifically Twitter, the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology-Delhi (IIIT-Delhi) found interesting trends emerge in the first and second phase of elections. Out of the 1,268 verified handles for whom IIIT-D is collecting data, 32 handles contested in Phase-2 elections, and of these 32, 15 posted on Twitter about casting their vote. In an analysis of 280,256 tweets, 228,588 retweets, 84,659 unique users, 45,372 original tweets, from 7am to 7pm on April 18, here are some interesting trends:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.