Five days ago ICICI Bank’s board made an announcement that put to rest a number of theories floating around ICICI Bank-Chanda Kochhar saga that has been making the news for the last couple months. In a notice to stock exchanges, the board announced that Sandeep Bakhshi, the 57-year-old ICICI employee who had been managing director and CEO of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance since 2010, was now promoted to Chief Operating Officer for the bank with a line of reporting that led straight to Kochhar. Kochhar, incidentally had gone on leave and in her absence he would be the de facto top boss.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, June 21 2018. 21:25 IST