- In a personal loan, the loan amount depends on the borrower's income. In a gold loan, it's 60-80 per cent of the value of gold
- Gold loan is the quickest and easiest to avail. A customer can get it within a day if the documents are in place
- A borrower can get a gold loan at a lower interest rate than a personal loan
- Most lenders don't charge a prepayment fee for a gold loan. For personal loans, usually, the borrower would need to shell out 2-4 per cent of the principal outstanding
- Lenders have also started offering overdraft facility against gold
- Under this facility, the borrower can withdraw funds according to his needs, and the interest is charged only on the amount utilised from the credit line provided
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, November 08 2019. 12:30 IST