Adani Green Energy Ltd., a unit of one of India’s largest conglomerates, is the best performer this year among the nation’s top 100 stocks. It is also the only one in that cohort without a single analyst rating.
Shares of Adani Green have jumped 565% in 2020 versus a gain of just 10% for the National Stock Exchange’s Nifty 100 Index. The rally helped the company recently win entry to the MSCI India Index.
While the stock’s surge may not come as a huge surprise given the heightened global popularity of sustainable assets such as renewable energy stocks amid the pandemic, the complete lack of analyst coverage on the company has left some market participants baffled.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.