Infrastructure funds have rewarded investors handsomely over the past one year with an average return of 32.19 per cent. Much of this return has come in the current calendar year. The average year-to-date return of these funds stands at 20.50 per cent. However, the past experience is quite volatile. If you look at the calendar-year wise returns of these funds over the past six years, they have been highly volatile (See Table). Returns have been positive one year and negative in the very next. Yet, many experts believe that this sector is now on the cusp of a turnaround.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, April 19 2017. 23:51 IST