As the SEBI's new peak margin requirement norms kick in on September 01 where 100 per cent upfront margin payment would be required for initiating even intraday positions, DEVEN CHOKSEY, managing director at KR Choksey Investment Managers, tells Nikita Vashisht in an interview that while Sebi may have achieved the purpose of tightening the screws on trading activity, the cost of trading may go up. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, August 31 2021. 14:12 IST