- IRCTC shares continue their upward movement, zoom 1,000% over issue price
- Zomato shares turn volatile, end flat after co-founder Gaurav Gupta quits
- Indian stocks outpacing world by most since 2018 emboldens bulls
- Yes Bank surges 16% on heavy volumes, hits 6-week high
- This Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-owned stock hits record high; up 30% in 3-weeks
- Dish TV jumps another 10% as Hindustan Times buys notable stake
- Vijaya Diagnostic off to quiet start, lists at 2% premium over issue price
- Ami Organics makes strong debut, lists at 49% premium over issue price
- Essel Group stocks witness frenzied buying; Zee Entertainment zooms 15%
- Stocks to watch: Ami Organics, Vijaya Diagnostic, Infosys, D-Mart, ZEEL
Sensex ends 235 pts off day's high, up 69 pts; ZEEL surges 40% ahead of AGM
Interest in the broader markets remained strong, with BSE Midcap index rallying 1.09 per cent and the BSE Smallcap index 0.63 per cent
Led by gains in select IT and private bank stocks, the benchmark indices settled in the green on Tuesday, rising for the second time in the last three sessions. Although, profit booking at higher levels and mixed global cues pulled indices off day's high, resulting in meagre gains at the benchmark level. The flagship Sensex ended 69 points higher at 58,247.09. Meanwhile, Nifty50 closed the day at 17,380, up 25 points.
At the same time, interest in the broader markets remained strong, with BSE Midcap index rallying 1.09 per cent and the BSE Smallcap index 0.63 per cent.
The stock-specific activity remained high. Shares of Zomato ended the volatile session up 0.63 per cent, off 6 per cent from all-time high of Rs 152.75 after the company's co-founder Gaurav Gupta stepped down. READ HERE
Further, shares of Essel Group companies rallied as Zee Entertainment shareholders sought to revamp the board at an AGM later today. The largest shareholder of Zee Entertainment Enterprises, Invesco Developing Markets Fund and OFI Global China Fund llC have called an extra-ordinary general meeting of shareholders seeking to remove Punit Goenka, currently MD of the company. READ HERE
Zee Entertainment posted its biggest one-day gain as it ended 39.99 per cent higher at Rs 261.50. Other group stocks - Zee Learn up 20 per cent and Zee Media up 5 per cent - also rallied.
Thanks to the surge in Zee Entertainment, Nifty Media index emerged to be the best performing sector on NSE today, with a gain of over 14 per cent. Nifty Private Bank, IT and Auto were among top sectoral performers. Nifty Metal declined the most, down 0.5 per cent.
Meanwhile, in the primary market, the IPO by Sansera Engineering was subscribed nearly 50 per cent on the first day of its bidding process, with retail investors quota subscribed the most so far.