MARKET COMMENT Rahul Mishra, AVP (Derivatives), Emkay Global This is the first expiry where unexpired future contracts will be physically settled (list of 45 such stocks is provided). Average rollover this time in these stocks is higher compared to their historical level (on an average 78% of the positions have been rolled compared to 52% last month). As a result of this Market wide roll over is also higher compared to historical level (61% v/s 53% last month). Nifty made a new intraday high of 11185 and we saw good buying on July Expiry
The benchmark indices ended at their record highs on Thursday on expiry of July Futures and Options (F&O) contracts. The S&P BSE Sensex that breached 37,000 mark for the first time ever to hit an intra-day high of 37,027 levels, ended a tad lower at 36,985 levels, up 126 points. The broader Nifty50 index settled at 11,167, up 35 points. The 50-share index had surged to a high of 11,185 levels in intra-day deals. MARKET OUTLOOK Analysts at HDFC Securities expect the Nifty to move higher in the August series. Investors, who were shunning small-cap stocks on fears ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.