- Strong order book, high attrition: What Accenture's Q3 means for Indian IT
- Mahindra & Mahindra hits new high, up 3% on hopes of strong domestic demand
- Hero MotoCorp rallies 4%; company announces price hike from July 1
- Route Mobile rebounds 23% from 18-month low as board mulls buyback plan
- Three charts show trouble for Indian stocks nearing a bear market
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex off day's high, up 250pts; M&M, HUL gain; Infy falls
- Stocks to Watch: Hero MotoCorp, ONGC, Tata Motors, Thermax, DCM Shriram, IT
- Mid, small-sized HFCs may bear the brunt of rising interest rates
- Sebi amends educational qualification criteria for recruiting new officials
- Investment via participatory notes declines to Rs 86,706 crore in May
F&O Expiry: Sensex drops 286 pts, Nifty holds 17,600; India VIX eases 2%
Stock Market LIVE: The HDFC twins and Bajaj Finance are the major contributors for the Sensex 30, while Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, Asian Paints and Infosys are the key draggers
The benchmark indices suffered sharp losses for the third day in a row defying firm global cues. The Nifty50 index ended at 17,618, down 93 points. The BSE Sensex, meanwhile, ended with a loss of 286 points at 59,126. The volatility remained high on account of monthly F&O expiry.
The BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices, however, closed higher, up 0.3 per cent and 0.6 per cent, respectively. The market breadth was in favour of advances as about 1,804 shares have advanced, and 1,393 shares declined. On the sectoral front it was a mixed trend, with buying seen in the realty, pharma, power and PSU banking stocks. Selling was seen in the auto, bank, IT, metal names.