- City gas distributor stocks gain up to 9% post March quarter results
- Delhivery IPO's 3-day offer opens today: All you need to know
- Kansai Nerolac slips 6%, hits 52-week low as Q4 PAT declines 81%
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex drops 550 pts, Nifty tests 16,100; IT, FMCG stocks drag
- Stocks to Watch: SBI, Cipla, Voda Idea, Gujarat Gas, Zensar, MGL, Welspun
- India's fuel sales moderate in April, fall 4% MoM at 18.6 mn tonnes
- Sebi issues norms to calculate margin requirements for intra-day snapshots
- Indices fail to hold on to gains in see-saw trade; Sensex falls 106 points
- Merrill Lynch fund sells ICICI Bank shares worth Rs 34 cr at Rs 714 apiece
- Infosys case: Sebi levies Rs 1 lakh fine on individual for violating norms
F&O Expiry: Sensex drops 286 pts, Nifty holds 17,600; India VIX eases 2%
Stock Market LIVE: The HDFC twins and Bajaj Finance are the major contributors for the Sensex 30, while Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, Asian Paints and Infosys are the key draggers
The benchmark indices suffered sharp losses for the third day in a row defying firm global cues. The Nifty50 index ended at 17,618, down 93 points. The BSE Sensex, meanwhile, ended with a loss of 286 points at 59,126. The volatility remained high on account of monthly F&O expiry.
The BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices, however, closed higher, up 0.3 per cent and 0.6 per cent, respectively. The market breadth was in favour of advances as about 1,804 shares have advanced, and 1,393 shares declined. On the sectoral front it was a mixed trend, with buying seen in the realty, pharma, power and PSU banking stocks. Selling was seen in the auto, bank, IT, metal names.