A tally above 300 for the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is good news. This is what the market was hoping for. The budget NDA government put out last time will help consumption, but I think the new government needs to now come back with extra measures, which will help kick-start the economy without going overboard on the fiscal deficit. If the new government can do that, that is kick-start the economy again, then I think the markets will go higher. In doing so, I don’t think the markets will mind if there are minor slippages.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, May 23 2019. 15:18 IST