Shares of state-run ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) jumped 3 per cent to hit an intra-day high of Rs 81.70 on the BSE on Wednesday after the company's standalone earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortisation (EBITDA) came in at Rs 5,900 crore, beating Street estimates. This was mainly due to lower other expenses (down 51 per cent sequentially and 16 per cent YoY) owing to lesser provisioning.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, September 02 2020. 10:21 IST