With a banking crisis unfolding across the United States (US) and Europe, investors have turned to gold, the classic safe-haven asset, sparking a 4.6 per cent rally over the past week. However, the continuance of this rally remains uncertain and will be determined by a host of factors.
Triggered by banking crisis
When interest rates rise by such a large quantum (450 basis points in the US) within a short span of time, there is always the possibility of some pocket of the economy taking a hit. In this instance, it is the start-up space that has borne the brunt, with funding drying up.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.