The price of standard gold hit its highest in five years at Zaveri Bazaar here, following a sharp increase in the international market and robust consumer demand this festive season.
Data from the India Bullion and Jewellers Association (Ibja) showed standard gold was at Rs 31,900 per 10g in the spot bullion on Monday, up nearly 0.6 per cent from its previous close of Rs 31,735 per 10g. The rise has been on for four days in a row.
Silver also rose here, to trade at Rs 38,540 a kg.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.