Shares of Tata Power Company hit a new high of Rs 193.7 as they surged 9 per cent on the BSE in intra-day trade on Monday, on the back of heavy volumes, amid expectations of strong earnings growth. At 01:56 pm, the stock was trading 8 per cent higher at Rs 191.15, as compared to a 0.52 per cent rise in the S&P BSE Sensex. The trading volumes on the counter jumped 1.5 times, with a combined 117 million equity shares having changed hands on the NSE and BSE so far.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!