The elaborate and grand manner in which the Narendra Modi government and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) conducted the funeral ceremony for Atal Bihari Vajpayee has turned the focus on the arrangements that were made for bidding goodbye to other former prime ministers. Vajpayee, who died on August 16, was given a state funeral in New Delhi and not all prime ministers, who died after demitting office, were given this honour.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, August 19 2018. 23:31 IST