With a speech that stretched over a hundred minutes the interim Finance Minister has announced major, new and sweeping policies that will have a significant impact on our people and economy. He called it an interim Budget but it definitely wasn’t. It was a full-fledged Budget. Not only does it bear no comparison to the interim Budgets delivered by Jaswant Singh in 2004, Pranab Mukherjee in 2009 and P. Chidambaram in 2014 but few full-fledged Budgets have been as ambitious as this one.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, February 03 2019. 23:22 IST