The government’s response to those who may be questioning some of the revised estimates for 2018-19 in the interim Budget presented last Friday is that the finance ministry has access to information and data that gives it the confidence to put out those numbers. That should be a reassuring message. After all, these revised estimates are crucial to the government meeting its revised fiscal deficit target of 3.4 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) for 2018-19.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, February 03 2019. 23:11 IST