Much street action in terms of political protests and events is in the offing in the months of September and October. Bharatiya Janata Party will organise poetry evenings at 4,000 places in memory of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on September 16, which will mark a month of his death. On September 17, BJP workers will celebrate Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday. The celebrations will continue till the birth anniversary of Jana Sangh founder Deen Dayal Upadhyay on September 25.
The Communist Party of India (Marxist), particularly its affiliated trade unions and farmer union, plans to hold a massive rally in Delhi on September 5. Several Congress state units will launch agitations focused on the Rafale fighter jet issue. Several other womens' and farmers' groups also plan to hold protests during the month of September.
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi would be on a pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarovar in the first half o
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.