China has released its 14th Five-Year Plan(FYP) 2020-25 and its Long Range Objectives for 2020-35. These two documents set out the trajectory that China is determined to travel in what it refers to as the “next era” in history. At the end of 2035, the country is expected to achieve “socialist modernisation”, paving the way for the next big target of being a developed modern nation by 2049, marking the centenary of the founding of the People’s Republic.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, April 07 2021. 23:08 IST