“36 tariff orders on broadcasters in just 15 years”. “Broadcasters take TRAI to court”. Recent news indicates a steep escalation in the tension between the telecom regulator (Trai or Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) and TV broadcasters. If this situation continues, it will result in an economic bloodbath and the ultimate loser will be the Indian consumer. Why this kolaveri?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.