This refers to the news article ‘RIL 3.0: Made-in-India 5G, affordable smartphones’ (July 16). Many global firms have invested in Jio in recent months. I think these investments are due to two main reasons – one, the large customer base that Jio has, and two, the lack of personal information law in India. Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are already interconnected and now Google and Jio are also connected with them. All these have our personal information. We also know that WhatsApp is going to start its own e-payment system. Though the government hasn't approved it yet, after a while it might give the go-ahead. Already Facebook and other firms are accused of using users’ personal data for political campaigns. No one knows how else our personal data will be used. It is a big concern. The government should introduce laws to protect personal information.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.