The country is struggling with an epidemic but incidents of violence continue unabated. The recent violence at Palghar in Maharashtra is an example. Many people are trying to give this incident a communal colour, which can flare up the situation. The main reason for such incidents is rumour-mongering. We need to understand that sort of chaos indicates that our social and collective thinking is weak. Had actions been taken against such incidents in time the murderous mob of Palghar would not have dared to attack. It is not appropriate to blame the police alone because from time to time policemen have also been victims of violence and those who attacked them got political protection. The entire system is at fault.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, April 21 2020. 23:39 IST