Durga Rane, a Mumbai-based photographer and self-proclaimed environmentalist in her 20s, plans to buy an electric scooter instead of a petrol one. Rane says, "I'm worried about climate change and rising fuel charges, and an electric vehicle (EV) tackles these issues. Plus, it also seems like a good deal financially in the long run." Rane is part of an increasing tribe of buyers of these vehicles. Industry experts expect the Indian EV market to expand at a CAGR of 77 per cent by value between 2017 and 2025. So if you are into looking to buy one, is now the right time?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, August 20 2021. 21:47 IST