High competition in the telecom industry has led to a spate of offers from existing firms. The offers include Netflix, Amazon Prime, Airport lounge access, free handset insurance, and now, even a life insurance policy. Yes, Bharti Airtel’s (Airtel’s) latest prepaid recharge plan offers exactly that — a free life insurance policy. Says Vikas Seth, managing director and chief executive officer, Bharti AXA Life Insurance: “The life insurance cover is available to all customers aged 18-54 years and requires no paperwork or medical test. The objective behind this offer is to ensure life insurance cover to every customer with each recharge and helps him/her leverage its benefits.” Bharti Axa Life Insurance has tied up with Airtel for the Rs 179 prepaid offer, which gives cover for Rs 2 lakh, apart from unlimited calls to any network, 2 GB data, and 300 SMS.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.