As markets evolve, active fund managers find it harder to beat the indices. When this happens, investors gravitate towards passive funds, which mimic an index. To prepare for that scenario, fund houses are launching a slew of passive products. Currently, the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (Sebi) website shows that fund houses have applied for approval to launch eight passive products.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, February 19 2021. 20:16 IST