Most upper-middle-class (and above) parents today regard a foreign degree as a passport to the good life for their child. Hence, educating her in a top-class foreign university is among the most important goals among upper middle class and affluent Indians. This Children’s Day, let us get into the nitty-gritty of what this goal will cost you and how you can go about achieving it.
Most popular destinations
While earlier the most popular destinations were the United States (US) and the United Kingdom (UK), today they have been supplanted by Canada. “In Canada, there is a high probability that after completing her course the student will get a work visa, then a permanent residency, and finally a citizenship. Both in the US and the UK, there is a high level of uncertainty nowadays in this regard,” says Neeraj Khanna, co-founder and director of Bengaluru-based Spark Career Mentors. While Canada is increasing its ta
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.