- From Tumpa song to flash mobs, Left goes for a revamp in West Bengal
- 'Metro Man' E Sreedharan formally joins BJP in Kerala's Malappuram
- AAP only party to challenge BJP in the country: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi underlines support for farmers; says NDA aims to ensure their dignity
- Assure all possible support for Puducherry's development, says PM Modi
- BJP doing politics of intimidating people, says SP chief Akhilesh Yadav
- Jayalalithaa made noteworthy efforts to empower 'Nari Shakti': Modi
- Kerala: Rahul interacts with fishermen at Thangassery; ventures into sea
- Maha HRC summons DGP over complaint on custodial torture of Pragya Thakur
- Bihar assembly witnesses different shades of Nitish Kumar
Parliament LIVE: Why is Amit Shah silent on Delhi violence, asks Oppn
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman would move 'The Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Bill, 2020, for consideration. Stay tuned for LIVE updates on Parliament session in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
The second phase of the Budget Session witnessed a stormy start today, with the MPs of the Opposition parties demanding the resignation of Home Minister Amit Shah and launching a protest in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha over the violence which has killed 46 people in Northeast Delhi. Both the Houses were adjourned till 2 pm soon after the Parliament session began.
On Saturday, Congress President Sonia Gandhi chaired a meeting of the Parliament Strategy Group and directed party leaders to question the Narendra Modi government on its response to the rising tensions in the national capital.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman would move 'The Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Bill, 2020, for consideration and passing. The Bill aims to provide for resolution of disputed tax. The Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, and the Aircraft (Amendment) Bill, Mineral Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020, are among other Bills that will be tabled in the Lok Sabha.
The Budget session 2020 will conclude before the end of March.