The Supreme Court on Monday postponed holding daily hearings on the Ayodhya dispute until January. With this, the court has restricted the room for manouver on the issue for the Narendra Modi government. The government is now under pressure from Sangh Parivar affiliates to bring in either an ordinance now, or a legislation in the winter session of Parliament, to pave the way for early construction of a Ram temple at the disputed site.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, October 29 2018. 16:20 IST