The controversy involving India hosting the G20 summit in Kashmir in 2023 is one of the issues deflecting attention from the critical importance of the meet scheduled for November in Bali. This one will take place in the middle of the worst supply shock the world has faced in decades, a climate crisis and the aftershocks of the Covid-19 pandemic. Added to that, the Russia-Ukraine war is threatening the institution as it has never done since it was formed 23 years ago in 1999.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, July 06 2022. 16:29 IST