- LIC IPO: Banks get just 0.06% of proceeds to handle India's largest float
- Down nearly 8% at closing bell, LIC adds to poor listing scorecard of PSUs
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Secure 'shivling' area but don't stop namaz, says SC
- India's heatwave to lift AC sales to record but supplies from China delayed
- RBI rejects six applicants for on-tap bank licence, 5 others being examined
- IOC Q4 net profit drops 31%; board recommends 1:2 bonus issue of shares
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat needs Aatmanirbhar banking sector: CII's Sanjiv Bajaj
ICC T20 WC, AFG vs SCO Highlights: Afghanistan wins by 130 runs
Spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman rocked Scotland's top and middle order with his five-wicket haul while Rashid Khan wiped the lower order
Afghanistan defeated Scotlad by 130 runs in their Super 12 match of the ICC T20 World Cup at Sharjah Cricket Ground on Monday.
Opted to bat first, Afghanistan put uup a great show with the bat with their openers Zazai and Shahzad giving a fine start to Afghanistan,putting up 50-run opening stand.
Post that, Zazai and Gurbaz contiued the assault, hitting big boundaries at will. Najibullah Zadran continued big hitting, bringing his quickfire fifty.
In reply, Scotland's top order failed to put up a show as Mubeej wreak havoc, picing 5 wickets in his 4 overs, giving just 20 runs. On the other hand, Rashid Khan joined the party,, picking 4 wickets against 9 runs he gave in 2.2 overs.
George Munsey's 25-run knock was the best effort by a Scotland batter.
Afghanistan: 190 for 4 in 20 overs (N Zadran 59, R Gurbaz 46, H Zazai 44; S Sharif 2/33, M Watt 1/23) vs Scotland.
Scotland: 60 all out in 10.2 overs. (G Munsey 25; M Rahman 5/20, R Khan 4/9).
Scotland vs Afghanistan playing 11
Afghanistan (Playing XI): Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad(w), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Asghar Afghan, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(c), Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Kyle Coetzer(c), Matthew Cross(w), Richie Berrington, Calum MacLeod, Michael Leask, Chris Greaves, Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Safyaan Sharif, Bradley Wheal
Scotland vs Afghanistan playing 11 Scorecard