- Govt must continue reforms, green shoots of recovery need to sustain: RBI
- Telcos' AGR dues: Will decide after hearing from DoT, says FM Sitharaman
- Payment of AGR dues to slash fiscal deficit to 3.5% in FY20: SBI economists
- Sebi to tighten eligibility norms for investment advisers, cap fees
- I believe SC's AGR ruling does not apply to non-telecom PSUs: Pradhan
- Sebi to come out with circular to prevent Karvy-like incidents: Ajay Tyagi
- SC grants women right to permanent commission and command in Indian Army
- Mistry files appeal in SC; says his family deserved more relief from NCLAT
- Sebi approves regulatory sandbox for live testing of new products
- Tata Group, Voda Idea make part payment towards statutory dues: DoT sources
India vs Australia 2nd T20 highlights: Maxwell powers Aus to series win
In the 2nd T20 match between India and Australia, the batting will be under scanner after dismal show in the previous match. Catch live updates here.
Glenn Maxwell cracked a superlative unbeaten century to help Australia register their maiden T20 series victory over India with a win in the second and final Twenty20 international at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Wednesday.
Maxwell's scintillating 113 off 55 balls overshadowed Virat Kohli's 38-ball 72 which helped India post a competitive 190/4 in 20 overs.
Chasing 191 for victory, Maxwell smashed as many as nine sixes and seven fours on way to his third century in the shortest format as the visitors posted 194/3 to win by seven wickets with two balls to spare. Australia had won the first T-20 in Vizag on February 24 by 3 wickets and take the series 2-0 with five one-dayers now coming up.
India rode on Kohli's brilliance and Mahendra Singh Dhoni's 23-ball 40 with the pair adding a 100-run stand for the fourth wicket.
But Maxwell took the game away from India single-handedly.
Prior to the game, Australia had never beaten India in a T20 series, home or away. They had beaten India way back in 2008 at Melbourne but that was a one-off game.
"It was a pretty short series to summarise the performances. Australia outplayed us in all departments and deserved to win. 190 is a good total on most grounds but if there is so much dew as there was tonight and when you have an innings like what Glenn Maxwell played, nothing much you can do," Kohli said at the post-match press conference.
INDIA VS AUSTRALIA 2nd T20 FULL SCORECARD