On a sunny day recently, Amazon India vice-president Manish Tiwary arrived at a 5-star hotel to address thousands of customers, employees and ecosystem partners. Tiwary was there to talk about the e-commerce giant’s flagship sale ‘Great Indian Festival’ (GIF) which would be hosted for a month for the first time. Unlike previous such addresses, the difference this time was that the whole event was a virtual experience which became necessary due to the challenges thrown by the Covid-19 pandemic.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.