Reliance Jio is working on a plan for the massification of laptop usage for education, which may turn out to be a big use case for 5G. A senior executive of the company said it is working on a basic laptop that should cost below Rs 10,000. The personal computer (PC) will consist of a display, a keypad, a Jio operating system, and hardware to connect to the cloud, where all the information and applications will be stored.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, October 04 2022. 22:58 IST