Edtech startup Classplus announced former Indian cricket captain, Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador and nationwide celebrity endorser
The deferment means that Ganguly, Shah, and George would continue in the New Year, despite their terms having got over at different stages in the past few months
It will be first time during Covid-19 pandemic that crowds will be allowed in the stadium during an international cricket tournament. Check IND vs AUS full schedule, match time, live streaming details
The BCCI will hold its Annual General Meeting on December 24 to discuss the induction of two new IPL franchises besides the appointment of India's ICC representative and three new national selectors. Also on the agenda is the election of a new vice-president. As per norm, the BCCI has sent a 23-point agenda to all affiliated units 21 days prior to the holding of the AGM. The most significant point is seeking approval for two new teams to make it a 10-team IPL. It is understood that the Adani Group and Sanjeev Goenka's RPG (owners of the Rising Pune Supergiants) are interested in owning new teams with one franchise surely from Ahmedabad. Another important point will be BCCI's representative to the ICC and the Asian Cricket Council. It is expected that secretary Jay Shah will be the BCCI representative in the global committees. Appointment of three new selectors, along with a chairman of selectors, is also on cards given that Cricket Committees and Standing Committees are part of th
India captain Virat Kohli on Thursday didn't hide his displeasure at the Rohit Sharma injury saga stating that "confusion and lack of clarity" has led to the team management playing a "waiting game" on his availability which is not ideal. Answering media queries online ahead of the ODI series against Australia starting on Friday, Kohli said Rohit was said to be unavailable before the selection committee meeting earlier this month.
Answering media queries online ahead of the ODI series against Australia starting on Friday, Kohli said Rohit was said to be unavailable before the selection committee meeting earlier this month
Two additional T20Is have been added to the tour which will be held ahead of the 2021 T20 World Cup, scheduled to be held in India in October-November
Both players are doubtful for the remaining two tests
To be in contention for the third Test which begins January 7 next year in Sydney, Ishant, who has regained bowling fitness, will have to board a plane almost immediately, says the report
The BCCI on Monday condoled the death of former Kerala first-class cricketer CK Bhaskaran Nair, who had also played an unofficial first-class game against then Ceylon. Bhaskaran breathed his last in Houston, USA, where he practised medicine. He was 79. "The BCCI mourns the death of Dr. CK Bhaskaran Nair. The 79-year-old passed away on 21st November 2020 at Houston in the United States of America (USA)," the Board stated in a condolence message. Nair, a former Ranji Trophy cricketer, was born in 1941 in Thalassery in Kerala. He picked 106 wickets in 42 first-class matches in a 12-year career spanning from 1957 to 1969. He had five five-wicket hauls and scored 580 runs, with the highest being 76 not out. Nair was one of the key members of the Kerala team which had the likes of George Abraham, Balan Pandit, Santi Aaron, Acharath Babu, Kelappan Thampuran, D Ram, RV Thampuran and H Devaraj. He was a part of the Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi-led Indian squad which played against Ceylon (now
England will host India for five Tests at Trent Bridge, Lord's, Emerald Headingley, the Kia Oval, and Emirates Old Trafford with the first game starting from August 4
MPL Sports' association with the BCCI begins with India's tour of Australia 2020-21, which will see Team India sporting the new jerseys
The BCCI was considering two new franchises after this year's IPL but later decided to add one for the 2021 edition and the other from the 2022 season
If last year's one-run win over Chennai Super Kings was an absolute cliffhanger, Rohit's aristocratic 68 off 50 balls made it an anti-climax with Mumbai Indians chasing the target of 157 in 18.4 overs
The BCCI on Tuesday invited applications for replacing three outgoing selectors in the senior men's committee. The deadline for sending applications is Sunday, November 15, with an age-cap of 60 years and a minimum eligibility criteria of 30 first-class matches. However, it goes without saying that international experience (7 Tests or a combination of 10 ODIs and 20 first-class matches) will be given preference. The three outgoing selectors are Devang Gandhi (East Zone), Sarandeep Singh (North Zone) and Jatin Paranjape (West Zone). While the BCCI has done away with the zonal policy officially, the convention has been to replace the candidate from the same zone as Sunil Joshi (South) replaced MSK Prasad, who was the chairman of the last committee. Similarly, Rajasthan's Gagan Khoda was replaced by Railways' Harvinder Singh as the central zone selector last February. It is expected that the applications of all those who had applied during the last phase, such as Mumbai's Ajit Agark
Rohit, who sustained a left hamstring injury during an IPL game against Kings XI Punjab, was back in the park against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Tuesday
Rohit missed the last four games before making a comeback on a day when BCCI president Sourav Ganguly advised him not to rush his return to the field
The much-awaited domestic cricket season will start from January 1 with the Ranji Trophy, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said on Saturday
A cricketer, competing in the Indian Premier League in the UAE, has 'reported a corrupt approach', putting BCCI's anti-corruption unit on a high alert
His nearly "500 international match experience" gives him the right to speak and guide any player "be it Shreyas Iyer or Virat Kohli", BCCI president Sourav Ganguly hit back at his detractors