The West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) official notification has been announced at wbbpe.org. Official sources mention that the West Bengal TET exam will be organized by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education to fill thirty thousand posts in the state. Candidates need to keep in mind that in order to appear for WB TET 2018, they must complete a two-year teacher training programme or secure at least 50 per cent in their Higher Secondary Examinations. Education Minister of Kolkata Partha Chatterjee underlined the changes in the eligibility criteria for WB TET 2018, adding that candidates who have met the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam online. He urged the Primary Education Board to issue a notification after the Board office opens on October 9 stipulating the two conditions as per the guidelines mentioned by the Department of School Education, Government of West Bengal. The WB government in April had issued a notification stating that the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for primary school teachers will be organized in line with the National Council for Teachers' Education guidelines.
The candidate applying for the exam must have: Higher secondary/Senior secondary (or its equivalent 10+2) with at least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed) OR Higher secondary/Senior secondary (or its equivalent 10+2) with at least 50% marks and 4year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed) OR Higher secondary/Senior secondary (or its equivalent 10+2) with at least 50% marks and having Diploma in Special Education recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) OR Graduation and Two Year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed)
How to Apply:
- Visit the official site www.wbbpe.org or www.wbsed.gov.in
- Click on ‘Online Application For Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) 2017 (Primary) For Classes I-V’
- Provide your details to generate Login ID and Password and use them as directed on the link.
- Fill in the details as they appear on the screen with the documents Photograph, Signature, ID-Card, Caste Certificate issued by the Govt. of West Bengal etc.
- Print out the application before final submission
- Pay the fees as directed in the required mode (Rs 100 For General Candidates and Rs 25 for SC, ST and PH)
- Download the Application form with e-paid stamp