You are here: Home » Automobile » News
Business Standard

Indians show higher preference for hybrid than for pure EVs: Survey

The trend comes as a stark contrast for a market like India, where EVs and not hybrids are getting the massive subsidy push from policymakers under the FAME scheme

Topics
Electric Vehicles | FAME | hybrid car

Shally Seth Mohile  |  Mumbai 

EVs, Electric vehicles, cars, automobile, charging, battery

An astounding 68 per cent of Indians--the second largest after the US (74)--will prefer the tried and tested internal combustion engine-powered vehicles as their next purchase. Interestingly, among the remaining 32 per cent who are open to buying an alternative fuel vehicle, a staggering 24 per cent prefer a hybrid as their next vehicle while only 4 per cent prefer a pure EV, according to a recent global survey conducted by Deloitte. This is the second-lowest, after the US, where only 16 per cent prefer EVs.

TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.

SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS

What you get on Business Standard Premium?

  • icon Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
  • icon Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
  • icon Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
  • icon Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
  • icon 26 years of website archives.
  • icon Preferential invites to Business Standard events.

OR


Subscribe to Business Standard Premium

Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!

Insightful news, sharp views, newsletters, e-paper, and more! Unlock incisive commentary only on Business Standard.

Download the Business Standard App for latest Business News and Market News .

First Published: Thu, June 17 2021. 18:50 IST