While managers at every car company in India now have regular boardroom discussion on what their new SUV rollout is going to be, the one segment that has remained consistently resilient — through economic downturns or pandemic-induced slowdowns — is the small car or the hatchback. This is also a segment that is as competitive as it is popular with cars such as the Volkswagen Polo, Tata Tiago, Renault Kwid, Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20, among others, vying for attention (see chart).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!