Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America
Author: Ijeoma Oluo
Publisher: Seal Press
The 47 per cent of white women who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 bore the brunt of liberal ire for their support of a man accused of sexual misconduct including rape. Where white women voters caught hell, the 62 per cent of white men who voted for Donald Trump were offered what the feminist philosopher Kate Manne has called “himpathy”.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.